All aboard! The Workshops Rail Museum is a $20 million wholly interactive authentic heritage and cultural experience located at the birthplace of rail in Queensland. Hands-on exhibits, multi-media encounters and colourful stories coupled with huge steam locomotives, massive industrial machinery and over 140 years of history make for a visitor experience second to none with unique sights, sounds and smells. Highlights include 16 interactive exhibition zones, Train simulators and Behind the Scenes Tours of Queensland Rail's active Heritage Workshops.
Enter the live Blacksmith Shop and Steam Shop! Enclosed footwear required. Huge model railway Beautifully restored heritage locomotives and carriages Colourful hands-on Nippers Railway Fun-filled school holiday event The Workshops Rail Museum is part of the Queensland Museum and winner of Australian and Queensland Tourism Awards for Heritage and Cultural Tourism.
- Instantly emailed
- Print ticket
|Child (3-15yrs)||AUD $11.50|
|Family (2 Adults & up to 4 Children)||AUD $59.00|
- General Admission into the Museum, which has more than 15 interactive exhibitions
- Hotel transfers
- Train simulators
- Behind the Scenes Tours of Queensland Rail’s active Heritage Workshops
- Enter the live Blacksmith Shop and Steam Shop. Enclosed footwear required
- Huge model railway
- Beautifully restored heritage locomotives and carriages
- Colourful hands-on Nippers Railway
- Fun-filled school holiday event
What to Bring
Enclosed footwear is required for a Heritage Railway Workshops Tour.
Open from 9.30am to 5.00pm 7 days a week. Closed Christmas Day, ANZAC Day and Good Friday
North Street, North Ipswich, QLD. The Museum is just 40 minutes by car from the centre of Brisbane.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher